Monday, October 18, 2010

If it hurts so much, why do you do it?

I read this recently in Runner's World... and I definitely cannot give you an answer! Following my 15 mile run yesterday (11 miles at Chattahoochee River State Park with Laura Kittle - and 4 miles on my treadmill) I was fairly sore all Sunday but it wasn't too bad today. Which is probably a good thing because on race day I'll have to run an additional 11 miles! Yikes!

Since my training hasn't been going so great this summer - Atlanta's super heat wave mixed with LA Fitness not using enough A/C (south locations only) - I am pretty much following a last ditch training regimen. During the upcoming weekend I will aim for 18 (or 20?) miles, and then just taper for the last two weeks. I think if you trained hard all summer a month long taper would be essential, but in my case, I'm not so sure. Regardless, I will be completing the race, whether I have to mix in a lot of walking at the end or won't be able to walk the next day. Why? Good question!

On another note, fundraising is going really well. Waiting for some last minute pledges and sponsorships to come through so I can get a final tally. Thanks to everyone for pitching in!

No comments:

Post a Comment